September is Library Card Sign Up Month – Celebrate With Us!
There’s something for everyone at the Library
and everyone should have a library card!
September is Library Card Sign-up Month, a time when the library joins the American Library Association (ALA) and libraries nationwide to remind everyone about the valuable resources available with a library card.
From borrowing books, ebooks, and audiobooks to getting homework help, learning new skills, or attending a book club or story time, a library card helps everyone do more of what they enjoy.
During September, we are celebrating Library Card Sign-up with these activities – join us!
Win A Kindle – Every time you check out library materials, during the month of September, you can enter to win a Kindle!
- Every cardholder, at the time of checkout, will receive a ticket (one per visit, per cardholder) for a chance to win a Kid’s Edition or Regular Kindle Fire.
- Self-checkout patrons can show their receipt at the Circulation Desk to receive their ticket.
- The winner will be drawn on October 2.
Design A Bookmark for the Library – Young creators can enter our bookmark contest. For contest information and guidelines visit: https://crownpointlibrary.org/bookmark-contest/.
HOW CAN I GET A LIBRARY CARD?
Residents of Center or Winfield Townships are eligible for library cards at no charge.
- Visit the Crown Point or Winfield Branch:
- Adults need to provide proof of address. Identification must include the applicant’s name and address.
- Patrons 17 years or younger are required to have a parent’s signature on a library card application.
- Non-residents from other area libraries must have a valid library card from their home library and provide identification.
- Apply online
DID YOU APPLY FOR A LIBRARY CARD ONLINE?
- If you applied for a library card online, visit the Library to convert your virtual card to a physical card.