This year has been filled with challenges, but the Crown Point Community Library
continues to adapt to meet the needs of our community.
When COVID-19 forced schools, libraries, and most businesses to shut down earlier this year, library staff developed new ways to provide traditional services to the community to keep them connected to their love of reading, access the Internet, and attend library programs virtually. Our curbside services and online resources have expanded to meet the interests and needs of our community:
- Offered contactless curbside service at both locations.
- Offered one-on-one reference assistance by phone.
- Extended free WiFi access to the parking lot areas at both locations.
- Facilitated an online system to process new library cards, updated expired cards, or assigned pin numbers for community members.
- Expanded online access for all digital resources.
- Created an eLearning Resource guide to assist schools and teachers.
- Produced virtual programming videos, for all ages, including curbside take & make activity bags.
- Offered curbside computer carts equipped with internet access, printing, scanning, and copying capabilities.
- Acquired new digital resources: Creativebug, TumbleMath, TeenBook Cloud, and AudioBookCloud.
- Provided outreach materials to senior living centers.
In addition, our Friends of the Library would like to thank the community for supporting their organization throughout the year and attending their recent book sales. As a special benefit, they have extended the membership, for their current members, through 2021.
Thank you for your continued patience and understanding in these unusual times.
Your donation of any amount will allow the Library to continue to enhance
services to improve the quality of lives and create a stronger community.
Give By Mail:
Print the donor form and mail to:
Crown Point Community Library
122 North Main Street
Crown Point, Indiana 46307
Forms also available at the library.