The Fall Book Sale will take place on October 20 – 22, with a special Friends members-only early entrance time on the first day. $5.00 a bag mix and match! Choose from thousands of gently used items.
Friends shop first! On Wednesday, October 20 the doors will open in advance for members at 1 p.m., public sale begins at 2 p.m. If you are not a member you can join at the sale.
- Wednesday, October 20 from 2 – 7 p.m.
- Thursday, October 21 from 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Friday, October 22 from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. ($1 a bag sale begins at noon on Friday!)
VOLUNTEERS ARE NEEDED!
Help us set up on Tuesday, October 20:
- Heavy lifters are needed on Tuesday, October 19 from 9:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.
We need heavy lifters to help us lift and move book sale boxes from the storage area and place them near designated tables. A dolly and flat cart will be available.
- Organizers are needed on Tuesday, October 19 from 12 – 5 p.m.
Volunteers will take donations out of the box and organize by genre on designated tables, post signs on tables, return empty boxes to storage.
Work at the sale:
- Volunteers are asked to work one, (two-hour) shift, however, you may sign up for multiple shifts. Duties include: checking out book purchases, re-organizing books as needed, collecting Friend Membership applications with payment.
Call (219) 663-0270 or visit the library to sign up.
NOTE: Volunteers must be age 18 or older
Accepting book donations:
Public donations will now be accepted at the front desk at both library locations during regular library hours. Please review the list of items the Library does not accept.
Join The Friends:
When you join us, you’ll:
- Sponsor programs and literacy initiatives for adults, children, and teens
- Enable lively cultural events that attract non-traditional library users
- Volunteer at Library events and book sales
- Support pro-library advocacy to government officials and the general public
Many Friends volunteer by helping with the monthly and annual book sales, fundraising, and promoting the library. In addition to membership dues, money raised from the Literary Luncheon and book sales support ongoing adult, children, and teen events, provide prizes for summer reading programs, and help purchase equipment not covered in the general budget.
As a member of the Friends of the Crown Point Library, you’ll be paid back in a thousand ways every year – with children’s smiles, the sincere appreciation of the library’s hardworking staff, and the pure satisfaction of knowing you make a difference in your community!
To join the Friends of the Crown Point Library, download and fill out the membership form and return it to:
Friends of the Crown Point Library
122 N. Main Street
Crown Point, IN 46307
Membership forms are also available at both library locations.
Membership is open to all individuals and families who want involvement in the library. Members are encouraged to attend monthly meetings and to actively participate in book sales, and other events and projects. The membership year begins on January 1 and ends on December 31. All dues are paid annually.
The membership dues are as follows:
Life – $150;
Family – $15;
Individual – $10
Curious to see what the Friends are doing? Attend a meeting! Monthly meetings are held on the second Tuesday at 10:00 am. in Meeting Room 2. For more information on how you can get involved, contact Laura Clemons at 306-4599 or email email@example.com