Support Your Library TODAY! #GivingTuesday
Kick off the giving season today! #GIVINGTUESDAY
GivingTuesday is a global generosity movement, unleashing the power of people and organizations to transform their communities and the world. This day (December 1, 2020) is an opportunity to use your individual power of generosity to make an impact.
This year has been filled with challenges, but the Crown Point Community Library has reimagined and expanded traditional library services to meet the interests and needs of our community:
- Offered contactless curbside service at both locations.
- Offered one-on-one reference assistance by phone.
- Extended free WiFi access to the parking lot areas at both locations.
- Facilitated an online system to process new library cards, updated expired cards, or assigned pin numbers for community members.
- Expanded online access for all digital resources.
- Created an eLearning Resource guide to assist schools and teachers.
- Produced virtual programming videos, for all ages, including curbside take & make activity bags.
- Offered curbside computer carts equipped with internet access, printing, scanning, and copying capabilities.
- Acquired new digital resources: Creativebug, TumbleMath, TeenBook Cloud, and AudioBookCloud.
- Provided outreach materials to senior living centers.
In addition, our Friends of the Library would like to thank the community for supporting their organization throughout the year and attending their recent book sales. As a special benefit, they have extended the membership, for their current members, through 2021.
Thank you for your continued patience and understanding in these unusual times.
Your donation of any amount will allow the Library to enhance
services to improve the quality of lives and create a stronger community.
Donations can also be mailed to:
Crown Point Community Library, 122 Main Street, Crown Point, IN 46307
Phone: (219) 306-4599
Thank you for supporting the Crown Point Community Library!
READ – DISCOVER – CONNECT!