Updated May 26, 2020
NEW SERVICE: NO-CONTACT CURBSIDE COMPUTING!
The Library is excited to introduce a new curbside service: “Curbside Computing” mobile carts that are equipped with internet access, computer, printer equipped with scanning and copying capabilities. There are two mobile carts at Crown Point and one at Winfield. The carts will be available Monday – Friday, from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., weather permitting.
The carts on a first-come, first-served basis and there is no cost to use any of the features. Please be courteous of your time while others are waiting. Please practice social distancing. Library staff will frequently sanitize the cart surfaces. Handwashing is the best defense against COVID-19 so a portable hand washing sink will be available when the carts are in use.
Our Curbside Computing mobile carts are made possible by Lake County COVID-19 Response Fund grant supported by the collaborative work of the Legacy Foundation, Crown Point Community Foundation, Foundations of East Chicago, and The John S. & James L. Knight Foundation Donor Advised Fund at Legacy Foundation.
LIBRARY CLOSURE UPDATES:
The Crown Point Community Library building remains closed to the public at this time. Library leadership is carefully considering and planning the necessary precautions to determine when we can reopen to the community. We will communicate further information, regarding our reopening, as soon as possible. Read more information about our reopening safety measures here: https://crownpointlibrary.org/2020/03/10/coronavirus-what-you-should-know/ and please continue to follow us on social media and online for up-to-date information.
NEW SERVICE: NO CONTACT CURBSIDE PICK-UP!
Beginning Wednesday, May 20 CPCL will offer no-contact curbside pickup for library materials. The service will be available:
- Crown Point location: Monday-Friday from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Winfield location: Tuesday and Thursday: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
To request library materials for curbside pickup:
Place a hold via the library’s online catalog or call the Library location by phone. When your items are available for pick-up, you will receive a notification, by text or email, or if you have opted out of notifications, the Library will call you when your items are available for pick up. (Watch a video on how to place a hold online https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfi2qjBdbqQ)
- Only after you have received a notification, from the Library, should you arrive for curbside pick-up.
- Pull into a designated curbside pick-up spot, call the Library and notify the staff member of your parking spot number. Remain inside your vehicle.
- Library staff will bring your bagged items out to you and place them on the curbside pick-up sign.
- Library staff are following strict sanitation, hand-washing procedures, and wear masks/face shields while delivering your materials.
Library materials can only be returned to our book drops.
- All items are quarantined for three days before they are checked in, so you may still see items listed on your account after you return them.
- Any fines accrued during the quarantine period are waived when they are checked in.
- Please note that in severe weather, curbside pick-up service may be suspended temporarily. Curbside pick-up is a new procedure, please be patient as we work through the logistics of this new library service.
**We ask our patrons to help us in our efforts to curb the spread of COVID-19 when using our curbside service. Please do not use this service if you are showing symptoms, have had a fever in the last 24 hours, or otherwise think you may have or need to be tested for COVID-19.**
Please visit our digital library page for quick access to our online resources.
NEW SERVICE: OUTDOOR WiFi ACCESS
The Library is offering free WiFi access in the parking lot at both locations.
- At Crown Point, the WiFi access is in the municipal parking lot located between the CP Library and City Hall. Connect to “CPCL Outdoor.” No password required.
- At Winfield, connect to “CPCL Outdoor 2.” No password required.
NEW SERVICE: VIRTUAL PROGRAMMING