How To Donate Books To The Library
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the Friends of the Library accepts donations on specific dates.
- Wednesday, December 16 from 3 – 6:30 p.m.
Items will only be accepted at the Crown Point Library during the times stated. Please review the list of items the Library does not accept. The public is asked to drop off their donations in a sealed bag or box. If you have a large number of books to be donated (more than 10 bags or boxes), please call Laura at (219) 306-4599.
Donations benefit the Library in many ways: items may be added to the Library’s collection or sold at the Friends of the Library book sales to help enhance library services.
Please review the list below of the items the Library accepts:
- Hardcover Fiction and Non-fiction
- Mass-market paperbacks
- Commercially published media: DVDs, Blue Ray Discs, Books on CD, Video Games (Xbox, Playstation, Nintendo), Playaways
Items NOT accepted:
- Books in poor condition due to broken bindings, missing pages, soiled, musty, moldy, with smoke or water damage, or with excessive writing in the text
- Reference Material (more than 3 years old)
- Computer/Software Manuals (more than 3 years old)
- Travel Guidebooks (more than 3 years old)
- Vinyl Records
- Professional Journals
- Non-commercially produced media
- VHS Movies
- Cassette Tapes