How To Donate Books To The Library
Donations can be brought to the front desk at the Crown Point location during regular library hours.
Please review the list of items the Library does not accept. If you have a large number of books to be donated (more than two bags or boxes), please make arrangements by calling (219) 306-4599.
Donations benefit the Library in many ways: items may be added to the Library’s collection or sold at the Friends of the Library book sales to help enhance library services.
Please review the list below of the items the Library accepts:
- Hardcover Fiction and Non-fiction
- Mass-market paperbacks
- Commercially published media: DVDs, Blue Ray Discs, Books on CD, Video Games (Xbox, Playstation, Nintendo), Playaways
Items NOT accepted:
- Books in poor condition due to broken bindings, missing pages, soiled, musty, moldy, with smoke or water damage, or with excessive writing in the text
- Reference Material (more than 3 years old)
- Computer/Software Manuals (more than 3 years old)
- Travel Guidebooks (more than 3 years old)
- Vinyl Records
- Professional Journals
- Non-commercially produced media
- VHS Movies
- Cassette Tapes