Library Building Are Open – Stage 5 service model
Change of Library Hours & Services
As Indiana moves into Stage 5, the Library will shift from “Grab and Go” to a “Stay, Sit & Study” service model and will now permit patrons the ability to sit down and use our space. Only limited seating has been reintroduced to the Library spaces with all seating maintaining social distancing between seating areas and from staff areas.
Seating in the Library:
- All tables have chairs returned
- Seating returns to select areas (only vinyl upholstered easy chairs have been returned to aid disinfecting)
- Due to the need to maintain social distancing, tables and chairs may not be moved
- Groups gathering and sitting on the floor is not permitted
- Quiet Room is for silent study only
- Study Rooms are for INDIVIDUAL USE ONLY
- No limit on the amount of time spent in the library
- Computer time restored to normal length
- One-on-One assistance or service will require the patron to wear a mask properly over the nose and mouth
The following rooms remain closed:
- Internet Cafe
- Meeting Rooms
- Children’s Program Room
- Game Room
- Indiana Room (open by appointment/arrangement only)
- In-Library, in-person library programming for all ages
- Public use of meeting rooms
REMAINS IN EFFECT:
- Masks are still required to use the library regardless of the duration of the visit
- Social distancing
- At this time NO FOOD is allowed in the Library, but drinks are permitted
- Tables and chairs will be treated as high touch surfaces and will be cleaned daily
- Curbside services
- Virtual programming and take & make activity bags
Beginning Saturday, October 17 the Crown Point location will extend its hours of operation:
Monday – Thursday: 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Friday: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Saturday: 12 – 5 p.m.
Like and follow our Facebook page for up-to-date Library service information and virtual programming announcements!