Exercise Your Mind
This year’s theme encourages you to challenge
yourself intellectually, creatively, and physically.
You’ll find lots of opportunities to learn a new skill,
activity, try a new workout, or simply
find a new favorite author. Take time to try
something new this summer!
Be sure to pick up your copy of the Adult Summer Reading Programming Guide at the library. It contains information on all the library programs happening this summer for June and July.
How it Works:
- Register at the Crown Point Community Library in the New Release Area or at the Winfield Branch Library at the Circulation Desk.
- OR register June 6th-10th at the Friends of the Library registration table in the front lobby of the Crown Point Library for an extra entry for the first week’s drawing
- Pick up one, or more, log sheets to record the books you read this summer
- Turn in completed log sheets at the library for weekly drawings
- At the Crown Point Library, enter your completed logs in the New Release Book Display area. At the Winfield Branch enter your completed logs at the Circulation Desk.
- There will be weekly, runner-up, and grand prizes for each library location
Weekly Prizes: Each Monday of the Adult Summer Reading program, June 13th-July 25th, winners will be drawn from each library’s completed log entries for weekly prizes. The prize will be a $10 gift card to a local restaurant and a gift bag containing a notebook, pen, and bookmark. A total of fourteen prizes will be awarded for the Crown Point Location (2 each week) and seven for the Winfield location (1 each week).
Runner-Up Prize: All the reading log entries from each library will be combined for a Runner-Up prize of a Summer Reading tote bag along with a pedometer, Crown Point Library tumbler, notebook, pen, and $25 dollar Amazon gift card. Each library location will be awarded one Runner-Up prize.
Grand Prize: All reading log entries from each library will be included in the grand prize drawing. The Grand Prize will be a $50 Amazon gift card, notebook, pen, and Crown Point Library tumbler. Each library location will be awarded one Grand Prize.
Many of the events planned for Adult Summer Reading require registration. Registration can be done a variety of ways.
- Online: Click on the tab labeled “EVENTS”.
- Once you are on the EVENTS page, click on the green calendar of events box on the right margin. Once you reach the calendar, locate the date of the program you’d like to attend, and click on it.
- Click on the button, “Register Now” and enter your information. You may select to have a reminder email sent to you prior to the event.
- Call the Reference Desk: The Reference staff is happy to register you over the phone. Simply call 306-4593.
- Visit the Reference Desk: While you are at the library, visit the Reference Desk on the 2nd floor and they can register you for any class(s) you would like to attend.
*Important: If an event is full, please place yourself on the waiting list. Sometimes we can meet demand with an additional class or we may have a cancellation. Other times the library may plan a future event and use the wait list to alert people of the new event. Be thoughtful of others and cancel your registration if you realize you are unable to come to class. Call Julie Wendorf at 306-4597 if you need to cancel your registration.