Programs for Kids
Please pre-register unless otherwise noted.
Story Time Events
- Book Babies- Interactive stories and rhymes for ages 0-2 and their favorite adult
- Terrific Twos- An active storytime designed for children ages 24-36 months with a caregiver
- Preschool Pals- Stories, rhymes, and activities for children ages 3 to 5 years old with a caregiver
- Little Listeners- 4 and 5 year olds can attend this storytime on their own (caregiver must stay in the library)
To register for storytime online, find the storytime you’d like to attend on the events calendar and choose “register now”. To register by phone, please call the Children’s Department at (219)306-8068.
Library Tours and School Visits
1. School visits to Crown Point Community Library for Story time, learning library skills and/or tour of Youth Services area – up to two times per semester.
2. School visits to check out books and explore the Youth Services area. This would not include a Story time – up to two per month (if nothing else is scheduled for the class that month).
3. Library outreach visits to your school by a storyteller for stories, book talks and library information—one day per semester. Teacher visits to check out books for classroom—unlimited amount, at any time.
4. In order to accommodate everyone, we request that you use the schedule below and call the Youth Services Department to schedule a time for the first three activities:
Dates to Call to Schedule Visits: Month of Visit
September 1-15: October
October 1-15: November
November 1-15: December
December 1-15: January
January 1-15: February
February 1-15: March
March 1-15: April
Please note that the month of May is mainly reserved for elementary school visits.
Please call Kristal at 219-663-0270 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or when you are ready to schedule library programs.