National Library Week-April 9-15, 2017
Libraries today are more about what they do, for and with library users, as opposed to what they have for patrons. Libraries aren’t only a place of quiet study, but also creative and engaging community centers where people can access resources that can transform their lives.
The Crown Point Community Library transforms the community in the following ways:
• Provides access to a variety of print and digital resources that can be accessed in person or online.
• Provides free WiFi access and computer access
• Provides early literacy storytime programming for children
• Provides information and resources to meet individualized needs
• Provides free high-quality programming for individuals of all ages
• Provides one-on-one technology classes and help sessions
• Provides James C. Conlon Community Literacy Center to facilitate adult literacy
• Provides access to information about Library resources at Outreach events in the community